Detailed Study Guides
Reminder Desk Cards
Resolving Everyday Conflict Kit
We all have conflict. Think about the people you know. They may not be in the middle of a big blow up, but they certainly have tense conversations around the breakfast table or difficulties with an overbearing boss. Or more seriously, perhaps their marriage is on the verge of falling apart. Regardless, they are looking for answers.
Resolving Everyday Conflict is an eight-lesson study that unpacks the amazing things the Bible has to say about conflict and relationships. As you go through this study, you’ll find the powerful and practical answers you are looking for to forever change how conflict looks in your life.
Is the study explicitly Christian?
Yes, it is.
The principles in this study come straight out of Scripture, and it is taught with the assumption that most people watching are Christians. So you’ll need to consider this as you determine whether the study should be mandatory or voluntary.
With that said, we worked hard to use “non-churchy” language and examples in the study so that it is more readily understandable and fits into the workplace context. It’s a highly accessible study that people will connect with regardless of how strong a church background they have.
Every Church Member Every Staff Member
WHO IS IT FOR?
Managers, supervisors Leaders of the organization
The Church – Equip your church members: This small group bible study will first provide the foundational biblical principles for relationships to your church members—perfect for use in your existing small group ministry, to help them in their personal relationships, not only life in church, but as a visible witness of Christ at home, school, the neighborhood, and at work. Using it as part of your membership classes will lay a foundation and pattern for being Christ to others.
Comunity Outreach – This study also will help your church reach into the community, touching people that you might otherwise have trouble reaching—the people on the fringe of your church life as well as the unchurched in your community. By offering this study in your church you can give people practical help with an issue that is relevant. It unpacks the amazing things the Bible has to say about conflict and relationships in a fun, non-threatening, and “non-churchy” way. —and teach them about Jesus at the same time.
Non-profit Arenas – Not only can this study help employees deal with conflict amongst themselves, but the study is helpful in prison ministry, homeless shelters, crisis pregnancy centers, etc. Often clients coming in for assistance for your main ministry function are also in conflict – caused by themselves or others. By having studied Resolving Everyday Conflict, your volunteers and employees can share these tools with their clients, aiding them beyond the original need, and often dealing with a source of their need.
The Workplace – Help employees deal with conflict at work (and everywhere else): Most of us spend a huge portion of our lives at work. And that’s why many of the conflicts we face take place at work—budget crunches, looming deadlines, difficult co-workers or supervisors… all these are situations that can quickly get messy. Resolving Everyday Conflict in the workplace has two key benefits: 1) It will help your team members by giving them practical tools to handle conflict at work and outside work; and 2) It is good for your organization—as your team learns to resolve conflict quickly and constructively (or avoid it altogether!), you’ll have a healthier and more productive work environment.
from a group leader …
“The first session of the study was incredible. Three people were in tears, and one person emailed me this statement: ‘Dude, you didn’t tell me it was going to be lifechanging and stuff.’ Ha! God is really
SEVERAL REASONS YOU WOULD WANT TO STUDY RESOLVING EVERYDAY CONFLICT:
- If you are doing a traditional group study, where you gather a group in one place, you have a DVD-led video along with a printed Participant Guide. The DVD does all the basic teaching. As facilitator, you lead the group through some discussions questions. That’s exactly what this study was made for!
- It’s cost effective for large groups. The resource comes with enough materials for a group of 10, and if you want to add more to your group, all you have to do is buy more Participant Guides.
- Devotional materials. One addition to the current Leader and Participant Guide is the addition of 4 devotions available each week for participants to use in their personal study time. These 4 devotions will reinforce the teaching and discussion from the previous lesson.
- It provides you with helpful and valuable print supporting materials. In addition to the participants’ materials, you also get:
- Getting Organized guides (one for church setting and one for workplace setting—use the one that best fits your context)
- Invitation Video and Sample Promotional Materials (also available as download)
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- Enough for a group of 10 students
- DVD Set with 8 video sessions
- 9 detailed Participant Guides
- 10 Desktop Reminder Cards
- Group Leader’s Guide
- Church’s Getting Organized Guide
- Workplace Getting Organized Guide
- Invitation Video
- and Sample Promotional Materials
Detailed Study Guides
Reminder Desk Cards
WHAT TOPICS DOES IT COVER?
- Going to God . . . FIRST
- The root cause of conflict
- When to overlook an offense
- Getting the log out
- Engaging Others
- What makes a good apology
- What forgiveness really means
- How to deal with difficult people
- Restoration, not simply resolution